Gender Assistant/Vacancy Announcement No.2016/01 /035
A. GENRAL SUMMERY
The Afghan Civil Society Forum (ACSFo) was founded in 2002 and offers representative of Afghan civil society a platform for exchange of information and opinion on topics relevant to civil society. ACSFo comprises a network of a wide range of actors and seeks to facilitate the coordination and cooperation of their activities. ACSFo aims at promotion civil society forces in Afghanistan and to involve them in the economic and political process of reconstruction.
As part of its institutional strategy, ACSFo is look to institutionalize gender mainstreaming through concrete steps, mechanisms and processes in all its projects. Mainstreaming a gender perspective is the process of assessing the implications for women and men of any planned action, including legislation, policies or programmes, in all areas and at all levels. It is a strategy for making women’s as well as men’s concerns and experiences an integral dimension of the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes in all political, economic and societal spheres so that women and men benefit equally and inequality is not perpetuated. The ultimate goal is to achieve gender equality i.e.Mainstreaming is not about adding a “woman’s component” or even a “gender equality component” into an existing activity. It goes beyond increasing women’s participation; it means bringing the experience, knowledge, and interests of women and men to bear on the development agenda.
Overall responsibility of Gender Assistant is to facilitate and coordinate gender mainstreaming activities within the organization; and coordinate and facilitate gender focal Point persons (GFPs) to get inputs and feedback to ensure gender perspectives have been included and mainstreamed in all organization projects planning and implementation. She will be responsible for capacity building of staff and partners in the area of gender.
Post Title: Gender Assistant
Duration: 3 Months probationary period (extendable)
Number of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Nangarhar only
Salary: According to ACSFo Salary Scale
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Deadline for application: 31st January, 2016
· Provide advice and technical Input with regards to gender mainstreaming within ACSFo projects and programs.
· Set priorities, develop and implement a clear and comprehensive gender framework and action plan for the Nangarhar office.
· Provide feedback to project staff to ensure the practical implementation of activities within gender framework considering gender perspectives.
· Review, edit and comment to the monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports of Nangarhar office on gender achievements.
· Develop gender action for mainstreaming gender into Youth Advocacy Committees and Network in Nangarhar province and producing gender reports.
· Provide technical inputs on gender to other statements that produce by the Nangarhar in close working with ACSFo Nangarhar team.
· Participate in recruitment, policy development and project planning
· To represent ACSFo in relevant meetings on demand of supervisor.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
· Bachelor degrees with 2-3 years gender and development experiences, or at least 2 years of equivalent experience in the related field.
· Good command on English both written and spoken.
· Good knowledge of gender issues.
· Experience the integrating gender perspective in the project plans and monitoring.
· Ability to work as a team and to form network.
· Strong facilitation and coordination skills.
· Willingness to travel to the provinces as required.
· Proven skills in reporting, report writing and presentations and financial management as well
· Full familiarity and aware of the Afghan culture and traditions;
· Strong sense of adaptability and ability to work and live in stressed and unstable environments;
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
· Experience in working with civil society related issues;
Skills in awareness raising and outreach
Submission of Applications:
Applications: Qualified candidates are requested to send their application along with copy of updated CV to the attention of the Afghan Civil Society Forum-organization (ACSFo) HR Department (clearly indicate the position title in the subject line) via email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 31st , January ,2016.
Applicants fail to complete above requirements will be disqualified.
Afghan Civil Society Forum-organization (ACSFo) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrolment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education. For additional information about Afghan Civil Society Forum-organization, please visit www.acsf.af