Provincial Program Officer/Vacancy Announcement No.2016/01 /036
A. GENRAL SUMMERY
The Afghan Civil Society Forum (ACSFo) was founded in 2002 and offers representative of Afghan civil society a platform for exchange of information and opinion on topics relevant to civil society. ACSFo comprises a network of a wide range of actors and seeks to facilitate the coordination and cooperation of their activities. ACSFo aims at promotion civil society forces in Afghanistan and to involve them in the economic and political process of reconstruction.
As part of its institutional strategy, ACSFo is look to institutionalize gender mainstreaming through concrete steps, mechanisms and processes in all its projects. Mainstreaming a gender perspective is the process of assessing the implications for women and men of any planned action, including legislation, policies or programmes, in all areas and at all levels. It is a strategy for making women’s as well as men’s concerns and experiences an integral dimension of the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes in all political, economic and societal spheres so that women and men benefit equally and inequality is not perpetuated. The ultimate goal is to achieve gender equality i.e.Mainstreaming is not about adding a “woman’s component” or even a “gender equality component” into an existing activity. It goes beyond increasing women’s participation; it means bringing the experience, knowledge, and interests of women and men to bear on the development agenda.
Overall responsibility of Provincial Program Officer is to facilitate and coordinate program mainstreaming activities within the organization; and coordinate and facilitate program to get inputs and feedback to ensure Program perspectives have been included and mainstreamed in all organization projects planning and implementation.
Post Title: Provincial Program Officer
Duration: 3 Months probationary period (extendable)
Number of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Nangarhar only
Salary: According to ACSFo Salary Scale
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Deadline for application: 31st January, 2016
Program support and development:
- In consultation with the program staff initiate programs relevant to civil society, devise work-plans for the Departments, assign staff to major areas of work to be covered.
- Facilitate the production of materials, reports, information sheets, etc. – in correspondence with the need of information sharing and coordination of the programs.
- Identify and initiate appropriate subjects for discussions and arrange the appropriate forums i.e. meetings, workshops, and seminars; as well as to identify suitable participants.
- Constantly supervise and regularly monitor the implementation of ACSFO projects.
- Ensure that records and files of ACSFo youth mainstreaming program are accurate and up to date.
- With consultation of Advocacy Coordination Officer in Jalalabad,arrange and schedule meetings with the relevant agencies.
- Contribute to the improvements of the content of the Civil Society Newsletter;
- Ensure adequate communication with all local partners in relation to program implementation and the offering of trainings and capacity development.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
· Bachelor degrees with 2-3 years Program and development experiences, or at least 2 years of equivalent experience in the related field.
· Good command on English both written and spoken.
· Good knowledge of gender issues.
· Experience the integrating gender perspective in the project plans and monitoring.
· Ability to work as a team and to form network.
· Strong facilitation and coordination skills.
· Willingness to travel to the provinces as required.
· Proven skills in reporting, report writing and presentations and financial management as well
· Full familiarity and aware of the Afghan culture and traditions;
· Strong sense of adaptability and ability to work and live in stressed and unstable environments;
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
· Experience in working with civil society related issues;
· Skills in awareness raising and outreach
Submission of Applications:
Applications: Qualified candidates are requested to send their application along with copy of updated CV to the attention of the Afghan Civil Society Forum-organization (ACSFo) HR Department (clearly indicate the position title in the subject line) via email email@example.com no later than Sunday 31st , January ,2016.
Applicants fail to complete above requirements will be disqualified.
Afghan Civil Society Forum-organization (ACSFo) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrolment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education. For additional information about Afghan Civil Society Forum-organization, please visit www.acsf.af