Vacancy Announcement No.2018/02/001
- GENRAL SUMMERY
The “Afghanistan Civil Society Forum-organization” (ACSFo), started at the outset of 2002, and offers representatives of Afghan civil society a platform for exchange of information and opinion on topics relevant to the civil society. ACSFo networks a wide range of actors with each other and seeks to facilitate coordination in their work. ACSFo also aims to promote civil society forces in Afghanistan and to involve them in the development and political process of the country.
B. Overall Responsibilities
The Legal Consultant, under the direct supervision of Project Officer in Balkh and Project manager in main office, is primarily responsible for providing legal counselling/advice to the project beneficiaries and targeted communities, case management and referrals, follow-up, necessary support to partner organization, liaising with government and other key stakeholders and arranging trainings.
This position requires that the employee work with a minimum of supervisory guidance and act in a responsible and professional manner as a representative of the organization and program. This position supports all Advocacy activities, contributing as a team member.
Post Title: Legal consultant
Duration: 3 Months probationary period (extendable)
Number of Position: (3)
Duty Station: Balkh Province consultation centers in Districts Balkh (2018-B), Khulum (2018-K), Dehdadi (2018-D)
Salary: 400 Canadian Dollars
Reporting to: Project office in Balkh and main office Kabul
Deadline for application: 24th, February, 2018
- Provide legal counselling/advice to the project beneficiaries and targeted communities in Balkh province (Dehdadi, Khulum and Balkh districts )settlements and areas of high return and/or at the urban Hub (community Centre);
- Provide support in conducting legal information awareness raising sessions in the targeted communities;
- Engage women of the community in discussions around women’s rights and gender based violence;
- Ensure case-intake of legal counselling sessions, keep all the case in-take records locked and confidential;
- Provide referrals of legal and human rights’ violation cases to appropriate organizations for further legal and technical assistance;
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of the referred cases and follow-up of the cases;
- Draft reports concerning legal problems and issues related to family, inheritance, property and EVAW laws and documentation recovery, and efforts to mitigate them;
- Draft reports concerning human rights’ violations and issues related to protection/GBV and efforts to mitigate or eliminate them.
- Identify problems with GBV and access to justice and provide recommendation to mitigate them;
- Support protection related advocacy initiatives;
- Provide support in needs assessment surveys for future protection programming;
- Submit progress reports of the activities to line manager;
- Perform other relevant duties, as needed or requested.
Education & Qualification:
- University degree in Law and a valid license to practice law.
- An understanding of the basic principles of humanitarian work, human rights, protection, and the needs of internally displaced persons and refugees in Afghanistan.
- Interest in humanitarian work and human rights, ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to clearly express one’s thoughts, to analyze and present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to set priorities and show initiative, to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
At least 2-3 years of work experiences in legal counseling or other activities related to the responsibilities of the position.
Demonstrated experience in providing legal counseling to clients.
Work experience with Afghanistan’s laws and/or Afghanistan judicial system. Experience with informal justice systems is an asset.
Knowledge of and experience working with communities in Afghanistan.
Strong knowledge of and experience in counseling on issues related to civil documentation, family law, housing/land/property rights, Gender Base Violence (GBV).
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto
- Good knowledge of English
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
Collaboration: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with ACSFo vision and values.
Submission of Applications:
Applications: Qualified candidates are requested to send their application along with copy of updated CV to the attention of the Afghan Civil Society Forum-organization (ACSFo) HR Department (clearly indicate the position title in the subject line) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Saturday 24th , February,2018.
Application for the post legal Consultant, Balkh 2018-B
Application for the post legal Consultant, Dehdadi 2018-D
Application for the post legal Consultant, Khulum 2018-K
Applicants fail to complete above requirements will be disqualified.
Afghan Civil Society Forum-organization (ACSFo) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrolment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education. For additional information about Afghan Civil Society Forum-organization, please visit www.acsf.af .